Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thoughts and things to do...

The past week has been really hard to do anything. I returned home every night from work past 8pm and was pretty much lethargic and ended up focusing my left over energy on music instead and made my own versions of songs on guitar and piano... although I should be finishing music that I haven't finished in a year since I've started learning it x.x

I have been thinking about what to do next. I feel like it's time to start cooking :)
Mom has been observing me the past few times I've baked and she's been pretty supportive. She gave me a stack of cookbooks and textbooks... "learn something"

I was all over Betty Crocker's "Cookbook for Boys and Girls" that my parents apparently bought for my sibs from Building #19 for $1.00 back in either the late 1970s or early 1980s. I read through the first few pages on how to "Play it Safe!" so that I won't inadvertently injure myself. with sharp objects. I took the little quiz at the end and I passed yay! I'm ready!

There's one recipe in there called "Cereal Sundae" that I just had to tried right away. Here's the recipe from the book:

Utensils:
- Cereal Bowl
- Ice-cream scoop or large spoon

Ingredients:
- Your favorite dry cereal
- Your favorite ice cream

Instructions:
- Fill Bowl halfway to top with cereal. Place a large scoop of ice cream in the center. Eat.

Yay! :D

This weekend has been spent in multiple markets to find supplies and ingredients. I went to Chinese and Korean markets and I'll post the pictures of the things I've bought when I work with them. Hopefully it will be soon because I have a million ideas right now.

Today I had time to spend with my mom to learn how to make 免治牛肉飯 (Minced Beef with green peas and rice) and a similar dish with chicken and tomatoes. I didn't have time to take photos b/c I was mostly shadowing and taking notes. I have never really learned to work with meat but this seems easy. We have extra meat left over so I'll be making it again on my own this time :D

Thank you to those who have given me your opinions and requests. I have a lot of ideas right now and your suggestions have made me drool... I'm excited to get started on my little project now that I have more free time this week and next week.

Taking another trip to the market tomorrow for ingredients to make something that was inspired by my good friend overseas in Taiwan and suggested by my colleague.

1 comment:

  1. yay!! can't wait to see the result of the thing you are going to make :) :) 加油

    ReplyDelete