Thursday, July 8, 2010

First idea: Baking with Cuteness

...I have a fatal attraction to cuteness just to quote Gwen Stefani...

I've been inspired by youtube and my artistic friends to make cute looking food. Now, in years past, if I were to make food, it always looked terrible... I'd be the first to admit that I'm not the best artist.

My sister has all the artistic skills in the family. When she was in high school, she won various awards for her oil painting of my grandmother and was the star student of the art teacher there. Fast forward seven years, I entered high school and joined the art club. Ms. Greico scans through the list of students that signed up and gets all excited when she sees my last name. "Are you by any chance related to Beverly?" Yep. "Oh this is wonderful!!"

Our first art club project was to decorate the school with drawings for Halloween. I think I drew a lopsided sad looking Jack-O-Lantern with a couple of stick figures - a boy and a girl next to it with a squarish bag of stuff. After we were done drawing, Ms. Greico collected all of them and told us she'd be posting them around school in the coming days. Me, being the nerdy excited freshman, looked for mine days later and found it posted in the basement... near the ceiling. D:

My sister and I don't share the same talent apparently.

I think I'm going to start off with baking since it's easier, but I do have plans for making Bento Boxes ... but I need the supplies to arrive here first.

I'll show you Ms Greico!

No comments:

Post a Comment