Friday, July 16, 2010

Super Moist Banana Blueberry Apple Muffins

I've been trying to do some more experimental cooking but things have been super busy and I come home late most nights to cook dinner for anyone... plus I managed to hurt one eye and have shoulder/back pain. I couldn't see out of one eye b/c it was tearing so much and had very bad depth perception for about a day. x.x I almost walked straight into a car and a door post on my way to work. My eye is healed now but my back still hurts and physical therapy makes me feel worse T.T When it rains it pours!

Anyway... I decided to make something tonight because the heat is ripening my fruit in the kitchen.

I gotta stop buying so many bananas.

So I have 3 that are over-ripe and not very edible. I've already made banana bread and oatmeal banana blueberry/dark chocolate chip cookies with my mushy bananas.

What's next? Meh... let Google decide.

I stumbled upon Banana Muffins from Cooks.com and realized I had all the ingredients all ready. So why not try it? I made some modifications to the recipe. The original recipe can be found in the link above.

When I looked at the original recipe, I was kind of appalled by how much butter was needed... 1 1/2 cups of melted butter?? That's like 3 sticks!! I used 1 stick of butter instead of 3. The other 2/3 I made up with apple sauce. I chose the chunky apple sauce to add more fruit to the muffins. I have 4 boxes of blueberries so I decided to use that instead of chocolate. So these muffins I made have 3 different fruits in them: banana, blueberries, and apples.

1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of melted butter
1 cup of chunky apple sauce
2 eggs
2 cups of flour
1 tsp. of baking soda
1 tsp. of baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas
1 cup of fresh blueberries

Preheat the oven to 350*F. Mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda together and set aside. In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar, and apple sauce in another bowl until it's creamy. Add the eggs and mix in one at a time. Add the vanilla extract. Then add the flour mix a little bit at a time and mix. Mash the 3 bananas with a fork and add the bananas to the batter. Wash the blueberries, drain the water, and take off the stems. Add blueberries to the batter and mix well. Take a spoon and scoop two spoonfuls of batter into the muffin pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool. Makes 24 muffins.
Optional: Line the muffin pan with paper cupcake liners. It will be easier to take out the muffins and less cleaning later.

They are sooo moist... kinda melts in your mouth kind of moist. I think my oatmeal banana blueberry cookies were more fragrant but these are good too. They aren't too sweet but sweet enough. Perfect for breakfast :)

Now to sit back and relax with Bengay and a heat pack on my shoulders on this fine hot humid night.


Follow my blog with bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. duuuuuude clean off the table or use a white piece of paper as a background--more pro looking if you're trying to get followers. who knows, maybe you'll be using this blog as your sole income some day =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=QC-BAKING-APRON&Category_Code=QC

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg.. the muffin looks good,. but yeah i agree with the comment katie said ~~ hahahahahha improve your photo-taking skillllll ~~ hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol... It was late when I finished! I think it was more trouble to take photos than actually making these muffins x.x Trial and error! I'll make improvements next time :)

    ReplyDelete