Monday, July 26, 2010

Lunch: Egg Salad using Egg Molds

I feel mighty stuffed with very healthy foods right now :)

Today is the first day that I am taking a break from the rush of everyday life and it felt great to be left alone for a break. I'm not feeling too much of the tension and soreness in my shoulders so I guess I'm starting to relax a little. :D So.... I put a little bit of effort into making food today.

Lunch: Egg Salad

Dad walks by and looks at my creation: "Are you really going to eat that?? Or is that for the kid?"

I had a salad today for lunch to get rid of some of the veggies in the fridge... but I wanted to use some of my tools that I got from Amazon and H-Mart for some... uh... fun ^.^

My salad consisted of the usual cherry tomatoes, cucumber, romaine lettuce, spinach, hard boiled eggs, and a slice of turkey (my brother bought way too much turkey cold cuts this week).

I wanted to try my egg molds that I got from Amazon.com for my boiled eggs.
The molds make the hard boiled egg into interesting shapes. Here's how they work:

Peel the boiled egg and put it into the mold.
Close the lid and put molds on ice (or ice water) for 10 minutes.
Take the covers off and trim away any extra spill-over.

I think the perfect size egg for these molds are large sized eggs. The Jumbo egg that I have used for the star might be slightly too big b/c it was hard to close the lid. The medium sized egg that I used for the fish was too small b/c now the fish is missing a tail... poor fishie :(

I chose 1 cookie cutter (a simple star) to use to cut the turkey meat.

Here's my lunch for today:

I guess this is kind of a trial run of a few tools from my growing arsenal of supplies that I have gotten from asian markets and on-line... and more coming soon from my buddy on an island in Asia? (*wink wink*). I want to make a bento box for myself and my 3-year old niece to get her super excited about eating.

The other egg molds that I can play with :D

And... to answer Dad's question... yes, I ate it and no, it wasn't for the 3-year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment