Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bitter Melon D:

So last night I came home to a hot empty house. So I decided to make dinner for my parents. All I see when I open up the fridge is bitter melon, eggs, and some other veggies.

I kinda hate eating bitter melon.

I attempted to do something with it anyway for dinner's sake... if it turns out terrible, my parents like bitter melon so they can eat my share ;)

I took this:

Then butchered it --> i.e. cut it into thin slices.

Beat 5 egg whites and 4 yolks with slightly more than a pinch of salt, ground pepper, and a sesame oil and in the meantime cooked the bitter melon in a wok with olive oil. After the melon is cooked, I poured on the egg mixture.

This was the dinner I made for the parents:

So it's not really aesthetically pleasing but I actually really liked the bitter melon with eggs. There's a slight hint of bitter melon's bitterness but other than that it was pretty good. I made a pretty big dish and the parents managed to finish it off. Yay! I would probably make this again :)

Dad contributed the Chinese sausage b/c I didn't make anything with meat >.<




1 comment:

  1. i heart bitter melon with eggs ~~ make me some next time ! XD
    -FU

    ReplyDelete