Tuesday, July 6, 2010

About..

This is my first real blog about something that I've recently became interested in.. actually making my own edible food. Yes! I've decided to start this on a day when it's a 100 degrees out and being in the kitchen without AC or fans made it seem like working in an oven so I didn't do anything... x.x --> Fail.

I've always been amazed at how my mother has been able to just take leftovers or something that tastes gross (bitter melon?) and make it turn into a five star meal. I was also too lazy to learn something from her over the years so, maybe now is a good time to start. It can't be that hard right? It's just a matter of measuring things out and making sure you have the right ingredients... just like working in a lab and making reagents except it won't kill you if you take a taste test in the middle of the experiment... or will it?

So here goes nothing... I'm going to shadow Mom and figure something out. I'm also going to go through recipe books and blogs and test things out. Hopefully I'll learn something new from these recipe books from the 1970s I have stashed here and experiment a little to make them healthier. A healthy cupcake/cookie is that possible? We shall see.

My goal is to try something new at least once a week... Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment