Thursday, October 6, 2011

New Updates!

And I am back to cooking/baking good things. It's been a year since I last blogged and since then I've become more knowledgeable in biology and health b/c I've been taking medical school classes. Now I'm working (or supposed to be working) on applications and researching for my thesis, among other things like brushing up on my musical skills on dulcimer and guitar (my so-called skills right now make me weep).

I've met good people in my very intense academic year. We have had 2 baking get-togethers since getting out of class. I'm glad I met friends (J-Shwan, C-Sat, and V) that like to make food as much as I do!
PANDA COOKIES!!

We were originally going to make Panda Bread.. but it would require more time that we didn't have. We followed the same construction of the bread to make these cookies and they were delicious and super cute!! :D

Our panda cookie roll before cutting into slices and baking in the oven

Green tea powder for the outside and cocoa powder for the ears an eyes

(photos from stolen from C-Sat ;))

WATERMELON CAKE POPS!
(diabetes on a stick)

I think these came out too sweet... but they looked really cute: watermelon cake pops

We followed the recipe in the link... note: it was really hard to get the green food coloring to dye the white chocolate coating. Instead, we ended up dying the white frosting to make the outer layer. This took a lot more effort than we had planned and also turned out a lot sweeter than we had imagined. This is one recipe that we probably won't try again.

(photo from V)

I made brownies yesterday for my brother's birthday... those are definitely worth trying. They stay moist and awesome unlike the brownies made from a box. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment